Essential and Non-Essential Amino Acids
There are 20 amino acids required for adequate health. Some of these 20 amino acids are esseital amino acids as well a non-essential amino acids.
Essential Amino Acids – these are amino acids that cannot be synthesized by the body and have to be acquired through the diet.
Non- essential Amino Acids can be synthesized by the body.
- contain all 10 amino acids
- proteins are derived from animal sources
- Bears contain some complete proteins
- lack one or more of the essential amino acids
- most vegetable proteins are incomplete
- Beans are an exception to this generalization